The luau is a classic summer party theme; perfect for older girls no longer into princesses, family reunions, and corporate picnics & retreats.
Plus, who doesn’t love the tropical drinks, bright colored leis, and tiki torches flickering in the sunset?!
Here’s how you can bring the islands to your backyard:
1) Party City has an awesome collection of luau decorations. Order online or visit one of their many store locations. Remember to check Retail Me Not before you shop to save a few bucks on your purchase.
2) You’ve gotta have great food! You could do the BBQ thing again, but standing next to an open flame in a grass skirt is not recommending. Instead, try our friend Anna at Belly Bliss Catering. With her five-star review on Yelp, and amazing selection of cuisine offerings (from American to Asian Fusion to Filipino and more), you’re sure to have a luscious luau.
3) Where there are kids, you’ll want entertainment (not that Uncle Frank isn’t hilarious when he trades his t-shirt for a shell-bra). We’ve got a simple solution: book one (or more) of our ‘Hapi Hula Gals’ to lead the luau fun! Here’s what we include in this entertainment package:
- Outdoor games (i.e. limbo, freeze dance, *water balloons)
- Hula hoop fun (musical hula hoops, wacky hula hoop contest)
- Dress-up with leis
- Learning about the hula dance
- Show & Tell with Hawaiian souvenirs and implements
- Group performance of “The Huki Lao”
- Tropical style face-painting
Plus, we bring our own luau party music on CD or iPod and small, portable speaker system so that we can entertain the group where ever you’d like.
For more festive luau party ideas, visit our facebook page.
We hope to hula with you soon! Until then, “Mahalo & aloha!”
*Additional cost; please inquire for more details.